Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Dessert Idea

If you're craving something sweet, but want to stick to low-carb Paleo/anti-inflammatory foods, then what I had for dessert tonight will be perfect. I took 1 cup of sliced strawberries, half a cup of coconut milk, and 1.5 tablespoons of organic dark chocolate-covered cacao nibs. Delicious! It's not too sweet, with some good fats in there to provide lasting satiety.

**I used a new brand of coconut milk since there was no Aroy-D at the market I was at - and I regret it. Full of crap, and it was separated in the can and looked chunky on the dessert. But it tasted fine, I guess. I am going to try to see if I can order a case of Aroy-D. It has only coconut and water, no preservatives, no Polysorbate-80, nothing. It's fabulous. It comes in cans and cartons from the online store. I just need to find out if they'll ship to Canada.

Approximate nutritional info:
289 calories
22 g fat
22 g carbs
3 g proteins

Even with the (for me) relatively high carb count, my total for the day was only about 35g total. I expect I'll full-fledged into keto again by tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment