Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 5 and I Feel FANTASTIC!

Ok, fantastic may be a little bit of an exaggeration, considering I feel muscles in a way I haven't in a long, long time.  As in, sore to the touch and can't-get-up-without-feeling-it pain, but it's GREAT.  I know the P90X series is working.

Yesterday, the Lean version called for Yoga X, but being Sunday, I didn't have an hour and a half to devote to my workout, so I did a 20-minute High Intensity Interval Training video from BeachBody's Turbo Fire workout program.  I sweated more during those twenty minutes than I have in a long time during a cardio workout. 

Today was Legs and Back and Ab Ripper X day.  Wowza.  I did close to 100 pullups over the course of the workout (about 50 minutes) and so many lunges, squats, and wall squats that my legs and butt scream at me every time I get up from the couch.  I'm afraid to see what I'm going to feel like in the morning!

I swapped out a few of the ab exercises in the Ab Ripper X program to sub in some police-specific sit ups.  I also added in some bicycle crunches (a la Jillian Michaels).  Now I can feel ab muscles right up under my breasts, which is fairly rare for me.

Tomorrow is Kenpo X day, which I'm not too sure about, but we'll see.  I've adjusted the plan to include a Chest and Back workout on Day 1 instead of Core Synergistics.  I'll probably throw a run in there on that day, too, so I don't lose my running progress.  I have to include a run on one other night of the week, too.  I still have to figure that out. 

Overall, I think it's a pretty tight program.  I've got three cardio days and three strength days, as well as a rest day or stretch day. I think I'll go with the stretch this week and see how it goes.  I need to work on flexibility so it might be good for me.  I just realized...one more day and then I've got my stretch day!  Kenpo X tomorrow...oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment