Thursday, October 20, 2011

Week 3, Day 3

Whoa. Week 3, Day 3? Sounds like time's going fast!

I weigh myself every morning, just so I can gauge what each day does to my body. But I only count Tuesday mornings. Just to be fair.  ;)

This Tuesday past, so 2 weeks in, I was down a total of 4 pounds. I think I had originally said my starting weight was 166, but I think I fudged a little. It was really 166.5. So shoot me. This Tuesday morning, it was at 162.5. So not so shabby, right? That's a respectable loss, and one that is realistic given the fact that this is not a "diet" but a way of life. Granted, I might up my carbs once I hit my goal weight, but the IF - I'm totally in for the long-haul, baby. Love it, as tough as it is sometimes. Like now.

It's not official, but my weight this morning was down half a  pound since Tuesday, which would fit well with the 2 pounds a week loss..but as you will see, I didn't do my 24-hr fast this week...

I'm currently experiencing a lot of stress. And when we say a lot, we mean it: sick child, sick husband, too much work - then finding out your main source of income is down the tubes and you don't know how you're going to pay your bills kind of stress. So I decided to forgo my 24-hr fast this week. Having not slept more than 3 hours a night for the last 3 nights, and the fact that my body is obviously fighting a cold, I took some good advice (thanks Trish) and broke my fast at hour 16 (as normal) instead of going to 24 hours. I didn't want to wind up sick. Because that would suck. 

As for the job stress, I'll find another one - I've applied for some online work, and some "real life" work in retail, hopefully I get a little of both. But you know what? That's not what this blog is about!

Updates re how I feel about fasting...sometimes, at night, I have cravings. Or hunger. Or both. I'm not quite sure if that's normal, or because I'm not eating enough calories. Being Primal, I'm not eating carbs, and it's really really hard for me to meet my minimum cal intake. Most days, I'm lucky if I clear 1250 cals...and that's if I try really really hard. I want to up my workouts from 2 to 3 a week, but I'm afraid I'm starving myself. Plus, there's the teensy fact of the matter that I'm not eating for a 24-hr period every week, which means I should be eating an average of 300 cals more a day to make up for that. Which I'm not. So I'm actually below my minimum of caloric intake for the week when you average stuff out. Uh oh...

I've had people tell me I need to re-introduce carbs, or at least brown rice or oats...but I'm torn. I come from a long line of diabetics, and I want to fix my insulin sensitivity, PLUS I love how I feel on a low-carb diet. I have zero problems eating less than 50g carbs a day, that's WITH half a banana in my protein smoothie...no grains, no potatoes, no bread, no rice. The only carbs I get are from fruit and dairy, essentially.

Any nutritional experts out there wanna chime in? And if you only want to tell me how wrong I am, take a hike. Constructive criticism only, please.

Also, if you have a writing or editing job for me, I'll take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment