Tuesday, October 11, 2011

One Week, Two Pounds!

Well, it's been one week since I started this fasting/eating primal lifestyle, and I must say that it's been fairly painless, compared to other weight loss attempts I've made. I'm not feeling deprived AT ALL, in fact, I am so full most of the time that I have a hard time getting enough protein into me!

I weighed myself this morning and found that I've gone down two pounds since last Tuesday. I had actually dropped down about 4.5, but I think some of that was water weight. And Thankgsiving dinner Sunday kind of messed me up because I had some meatballs in a sweet sauce, a little scoop of potatoes, and some gravy made with flour or cornstarch. So I might have lost more if not for that. Oh well.

I really noticed a difference on Sunday night. My teeth felt gummy on the way home, and I was SO thirsty all night, and I kept waking up with a terrible taste in my mouth. You can really tell when you depart from the "no grains, no sugar" way of eating. Blech. Totally not worth it.

So, I'm happy with the two pounds - if I continue at this rate, I'll lose about 20 pounds of fat by Christmas. Of course, I'll be building muscle at the same time, but the change will be dramatic for people who haven't seen me in a few months.

As for the 24-hour fast once a week, last week was my first one, obviously, and I've done a little tweaking and I think I have it figured out. I'll eat today, disregarding my normal fasting window, and eat from 9-5 today. That will give me 8 full hours to get in all my protein, before I start my 24-hour fast that runs from 5ish tonight until 5ish tomorrow, when I'll have dinner with my husband and daughter. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment