Thursday, August 5, 2010

Running Group

After a few false starts, tonight is the first night of my self-organized running group.  I have two other women who have joined, but only one is starting with me tonight as the other has soccer.  The plan is to commence a 5km running clinic, with one night a week together to start.  I assume the other ladies will be running on their own to supplement the program.

I haven't finalized the plans for the entire program yet, but we'll start on a slow pace, and walk briskly for 5 minutes to warm up then do some stretching.  Then we'll begin our run/walk cycles.  I figure we'll run for one minute and walk for 2, depending on the fitness level of the other women.  Of course, my fitness level is above that, but I'm sure they'll catch up to me in no time.

I plan on going about 2.2 km tonight, although that may change on a whim.

Will post later with details and more information on the actual running program.

2 comments:

  1. "Couch to 5K" is a good running program to work with. Have you seen it? http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty similar to what I've set up, but I think we'll shoot for 8 km (or a bit more) in 8 weeks. We're slightly beyond "couch potato" status, thank goodness! ;)

    Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete