Monday, August 9, 2010

Posting

First, I want to apologize for the spotty posting.  When I started the blog, I had every intention of adding at least one post every day Monday through Friday.  I did a pretty good job at first ;)

The last few weeks, though, have been pretty hectic.  I'm searching for a new place to live, trying to find constant writing work, and dealing with an ill husband (nothing serious, just a stomach thing but you know how men get when they're sick).  And then last night my two year old daughter came down with something that caused vomiting and diarrhea.  It's the first time she's ever been sick (how many parents can say THAT about their 26 month old kids?) and was pretty upset.  She's better since this afternoon but still needs more attention than normal.

So those are my excuses.  Please bear with me, at least until I find a place to move into (hopefully within the next couple of days to finalize a potential place I looked at on Sunday).  Then we should have until the first of September when I'll begin packing and generally going crazy.  I hate moving.  With a passion.  I turn into a raving you-know-what just at the thought of doing it again.  Oh well, such is life.

The potential apartment that we hope to get is amazing, though.  I realize this is a health and fitness blog, but it's MY blog and if I want to post something of interest to me that is outside those topics is my prerogative.  If you don't like it,  sorry.  Just don't read any further, ok?

Anyway, here's the deal with the apartment.  It's in a renovated church - the place was gutted and 16 one-bedroom apartments were built in it.  Yes, it's a 1 bedroom.  My daughter sleeps in our room so it isn't a big deal.

The apartments themselves have only been open for residency since last August, and every single thing inside them, appliances included, are brand new.  Ceramic tile on the floor (no carpets for pet dander, dust, and dirt, YAY!) an actual bathtub with shower, super high ceilings (I'm going to guess 14 feet), lots of light, small kitchen.  The absolute best thing about the place is that it's in a church.  That really appeals to me.  Aside from that, there are a bunch of other great things about it.  First of all, utilities and garbage disposal are included in the price.  So I don't have to worry about dealing with a deposit and monthly billing.  Second, there is a small yard where my daughter and dog can play safely.  There's also lots of trees and shade.  The BEST part about the outdoor space is that there are tenant gardens available to people who want them.  They are 6X6 plots.  There were several not in use so I'm guessing that by June of next year, if they're not all claimed, an interested tenant could take more than one.  The super even said I could likely bring my compost bin and stick it in the back corner.

The church is located just a few blocks from a large park with splash pad and play equipment.  There is a Lion's outdoor pool right across the street from the park.  Only about a 20 minute walk from the church is an off-leash dog park.  Basically, this place is PERFECT for me and my family.  The rental company rep is going to call me tomorrow to let me know if the apartment is going to be available for October, or if we have to settle for a basement apartment (less light) for September 1.  Obviously we'd rather take the main floor one as there are no stairs and tons more light - and more time to save for first and last.  We just had an expensive fix on the one vehicle so we got set back a little with our savings.

In any case, my hopes are set, which I know is bad and I always do it.  I hope I'm not disappointed, because I've fallen in love with the place and just want to move.  I am really looking forward to moving into a brand-new sparkly clean apartment with no clutter!  It's so much less stressful when your surroundings are neat and tidy, don't you think?  Organized personal space brings a zen feeling to your home.

See, there!  I managed to tie it all in to health anyway!  HA!

Image courtesy of morgueFile

2 comments:

  1. You brought in healthy eating there too with the potential of your own vegetable garden!

    ReplyDelete