Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Personal and Final Review of Homemade Deodorant

I went camping this past weekend and took only my homemade deodorant to use - no backup.  Before we left, I scooped out a glass jar (had daytime moisturizing sunblock in it that I NEVER use) and deposited a small amount of the deodorant - about 1.5 tbsp - into it.  The little glass jar with screw-on lid is a perfect size and not plastic, which is important to me.

 Both my husband and I used it.  The temperature and humidity were high.  The potential for stink was definitely there, but you know what?  We didn't smell.  Not one little bit.  Of course, one is never a good judge of her own stench-factor, but I really think neither of us smelled even the slightest bit of body odor. 

I reapplied about every 8 hours to ensure I had even coverage all day long.  I found that even at the 8-hour mark, I didn't smell of b.o. - I just didn't smell of anything.  As the deodorant itself is scented with peppermint essential oil, I figured that when I couldn't smell the peppermint anymore, that meant it was wearing off.  That's when I reapplied.

I have yet to discuss it with my husband, but I don't think he experienced any problems with using this deodorant.  So it looks like this will become our personal and permanent deodorant.  Yet one more way to save money!

I have read that some people, when switching from commercial deodorants and antiperspirants, have to allow their bodies and adjustment period - so don't expect this to work so fabulously for you as it did for me.  But at least continue to use it for at least one month, as I hear that is the magic time period required before you realize you love the stuff.  Just reapply it more often as you need to throughout the day, to ensure you have coverage.

If you use it, please let me know what you think!!

Stay healthy and fit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment