Friday, June 8, 2012

Dairy Capital Race

My race a couple weeks ago went really well. The weather was perfect; not too hot, not cold, and no rain, thankfully, until later that day. There were several hundred runners! The course was somewhat difficult, with at least three hills - the first one was about 50m outside of the starting gate, which sucked. I tend to go full-out when I start a race, and then taper off. I was winded by the time I reached the top of that hill, and I would have taken off a bit slower if I'd known about the hill. Oh well.

Five km is a long way to run when you've not had much training. It took me 34:05, which is slow, but not bad considering I only ran about 4 times in the two months preceding the race, and my longest run was only 4km.

I realized that I still love running. I've since started a running club here in the town where I live, and we had our first run this past Tuesday. I hope to go trail running tomorrow. Now I need to buy new shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment